Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Heat-Wave Wednesday

It turns out when you don't have air conditioning the last thing you want to do is stand over the stove or turn on the oven.  I mean, I want to, and I have plenty of recipes to test just piling up.  But seriously, with a near 100 degree heat index I just don't have it in me to add any more heat.

Instead I'm enjoying cold, juicy melon, massive fresh salads and frozen berries stirred into yogurt.  Cereal and peanut butter have been a little too forefront as well.  Anyway, all that to say that I have no recipe for you today.  Cookies on Friday are still questionable, we shall see.  Hmm, cookie dough itself doesn't require an oven, but even that doesn't sound too appealing in the heat.

From sweet, juicy peaches to thirst-quenching melons and insanely sweet cherry tomatoes, I'm definitely enjoying the pure simplicity of what's in season.  And I'm enjoying it so much I haven't given the camera chance to bat an eye before I gobble it up.  So there you have it, no recipe and no pictures. I just felt like saying hello.  So, ummm, hello.  Okay, that is all, carry on with your day.


Food for Thought: "If you really want to eat, keep climbing. The fruits are on the top of the tree. Stretch you hands and keep stretching them. Success is on the top, keep going." -Israelmore Ayivor

No comments:

Post a Comment