Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday's Twist: Rhubarb

Tuesday's Twist:  A basic recipe with a fun twist.  In other words, just another excuse for me to play around with weird recipes I've been dying to try.

I made two strawberry-rhubarb pies this weekend for my brother's birthday.  It reminded me of the Rhubarb Festival my mom and I went to last year at this time.  I've been looking forward all year to going again, but some family commitments will prevent me from going this weekend.  If you're free this Saturday and in the area be sure to check out the Rhubarb Festival (more info here).

For those of you who can't make it you can check out my posts from last year.  I had so much to tell you it took 3 posts to get it all out.

This post is about the festival itself.

Then I told you all about the pie-making contest I was in.

And we can't forget the wooden spoon shop.

It was pretty much a perfect day loaded with fun memories.  I can hardly believe it's been a whole year since then.  I'll have to get some more rhubarb and pretend I'm there next Saturday.  If your schedule allows, I highly recommend it.

Food for Thought: "The quieter you become, the more you can hear." -Ram Dass

No comments:

Post a Comment