Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts: Spring Flowers

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

Last year at this time I was outside taking pictures of all the spring flowers.  I can hardly wait to give it another shot this year.  Though a decent portion of the snow is gone, the flowers aren't exactly in full bloom yet, are they?  That doesn't mean we can't enjoy some spring colors right now.  Below are some of my favorites from last year.  I have a few hung around the house until this year's blossoms open.


Sunshine!



 I used these two on the coasters I made for Christmas.  I'm afraid I'll ruin them if I actually use them as coasters, so they're hanging on the wall like tiles.  Whatever, it works.




This planter was an Easter gift, also from last year. 


This tree is right outside our kitchen window.  Quite the view for washing dishes. 


Ahhh, I can almost smell the flowering crab blossoms now.  That has got to be one of my favorite scents, along with lilacs.   Even better than freshly baked cookies, don't you think? 


Food for Thought: "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." -Joseph Addison

No comments:

Post a Comment