Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Wait

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. -Psalm 5:3

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. -Psalm 27:14

We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. -Psalm 33:20

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. -Psalm 37:7

I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God. -Psalm 38:15

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. -Psalm 40:1

But they soon forgot what he had done and did not wait for his counsel. -Psalm 106:13

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. -Psalm 130:5

'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. -Lamentations 3:24-26

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. -Romans 8:25

Still hungry? Check out similar posts on patiencepeacehope,and trust

Food for Thought: "Waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts." -Elisabeth Elliot 

No comments:

Post a Comment