Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Joy

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. -Psalm 5:11

You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. -Psalm 16:11

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. -Psalm 28:7

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. -Psalm 51:12

When anxiety was great within me, you consolation brought joy to my soul. -Psalm 94:19

Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our Salvation. -Psalm 95:1

They will  celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness. -Psalm 145:7

There is deceit in the hearts of those who plot evil, but joy for those who promote peace. -Proverbs 12:20

Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share in its joy. -Proverbs 14:10

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. -John 15:11

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -Romans 12:12

May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -Romans 15:13

Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. -2 Corinthians 8:2

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. -Hebrews 12:2


Still hungry? Check out similar posts on patiencepeacehopetrust, and waiting



Food for Thought: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. -James 1:2-4


No comments:

Post a Comment