Monday, December 31, 2012

Mindful Monday: A Dozen Things from 2012

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

It seems as though I should write something reflective, set goals for the coming year, or tell you something along those lines.  But I've never been the type to set New Years resolutions and I really don't feel like analyzing the past year.  I could remind you of my 12 favorite recipes or posts, but sometimes I cringe when I go back and read what I wrote.  Hmmm...12 favorite quotes?...12 favorite verses?...12 completely random things?  I suppose you'll get a little of each if I think about 12 things I've learned this year.  I guess that means forcing myself to be reflective, huh?  Oh well, here goes.

1. Patience, patience, patience.  You can not learn patience quickly, it takes time.

2. Communication is crucial.

3. My attitude and outlook makes all the difference.  Sometimes I just need to change my perspective, not the circumstances.  A good place to start is to look for the humor in the situation or find ways to be thankful.

4. I don't have to understand, I just have to trust.  Proverbs 3:5-6 has been comforting in so many stages of life, including this one.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6

5. Eleanor Roosevelt was a very wise lady.  I am grateful she choose to share and write down her reflections in books like this one.

6. Job hunting takes a lot of work.

7. It is often helpful to be intentional and purposeful, but one must also be flexible enough to throw in some spontaneity.

8. Some things are not mastered or perfected but a continual progression. Maintenance should fit somewhere into that equation too.

9. Focus on the solution, not the problem.

10. Every time I make a mistake I need to ask myself, "what did you learn from this?"

11. I still like weird and random.

12. I still have a lot to learn.

Hey, that wasn't as bad as I thought.  I actually learned way more than I can express here.  It's a good thing my perfectionist didn't kick in and try to pick the top 12.  And it's a good thing I'm not superstitious, I've actually always liked the number 13.  I'm curious to see just what 2013 has in store for me.

Food for Thought: "Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life." -Eleanor Roosevelt 

No comments:

Post a Comment