Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Thanksgiving

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am blessed beyond measure. I have more to be thankful for than I could ever list, but here's a random sampling of a few things things I can express in a word or short phrase.  Whether big or little, serious or lighthearted, profound or playful, we give thanks to God for all things; for without Him we are nothing.

family
a safe place to live
the smell of baking bread
hot water for long showers
slippers
warm cozy blankets
steaming hot mugs of tea
strong coffee
aprons
fruit
vegetables
refrigerators
ovens
electricity
good books
computers
blogging
my camera
chances to learn and grow
cars
sunshine
color
music
the sound of the breeze rustling leaves
seasons
change
a job
soap
bubbles
popcorn
freedom
choices
adventure
health
curiosity
microwaves
cell phones
lotion
lip gloss
practice
patience
imperfection
education
detail
moon and stars
colors of the sky
opportunity

Food for Thought: "I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." -Gilbert K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment