Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Hope

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heaves are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. -Isaiah 55:8-9

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. -Hebrews 11:1

Find rest, oh my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. -Psalm 62:5

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. -Psalm 71:14

The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. -Psalm 147:11

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -Isaiah 40:31

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:21-23

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait patiently for the salvation of the Lord. -Lamentations 3:25

We also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance character; and character hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given to us. -Romans 5:3-5

For this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. -Romans 8:24-25

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -Romans 12:12

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -Romans 15:13

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. -Hebrews 10:23

Food for Thought: "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason  for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." -1 Peter 3:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment