Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Enough

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

On my own I will never be enough.  No matter how hard I try I will never bee good enough, thin enough, confident enough, capable enough, accomplished enough, perfect enough, patient enough, loving enough, complete enough, etc.  I can strive for all these things and more, but on my own I will never find them.  Trying to be enough through my own strength is a setup for failure that leads to disappointment.

Only God can satisfy, only he can complete me, only he is enough. It is only through his strength and help that I am anything at all. Without him I am nothing. When I feel empty and broken I'm relying on myself, other people or things instead of relying on God.  

Over and over again I try to fill myself up, to be enough. Each time I end up broken. Unfortunately, I often wait until I'm completely empty before turning back to him. Yet even when I'm broken and empty, God looks at me says, Be still, you are mine. In me you are enough, just as you are. He loves me, regardless of how broken or empty I may feel or actually be. Only love like that is enough to fill me back up.   

Food for Thought: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment