Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Random Tidbits

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

I do a lot of thinking while I'm out walking.  My thoughts flow more freely when I'm outside walking with nowhere in particular to go.  The post from last Thursday was based on thoughts that popped into my head during a long walk. The fresh air and sunshine is a great stress relief, as is the walking and thinking. Unfortunately, I've been too busy for a long walk this week and haven't had time to collect my thoughts.  In short, this post is just random tidbits of information.

1. Did you see the moon last night? I will always love looking at the moon, especially a full moon.  The stars are great too, but not as obvious in the city.  I wish I took more time to pause and look up at the night sky.

2. Sometimes I get so caught up in my list of things to do that I overlook what's really important.  People are unpredictable, situations change and plans need to be flexible.  Tasks need to be set aside to make time for what really matters.

3. A good conversation goes a long way in brightening your day.

4. The leaves are starting to change colors here and some are already falling.  Where did August go?

5. Never mind, it's supposed to be in the upper 90's and humid today.  That sounds like a typical August to me.

6.  Why is it always easier to clean or organize someone else's things than you own? I was thinking in terms of physical objects, but this could also apply to gossip.  People are much more willing to talk about others' issues than their own.

7. I hate it went people stand around gossiping, it always makes me wonder what they say about me when I'm not there.  Even if I don't contribute to the gossip, I am often a silent participant by not speaking up on behalf of the other person.  I can try to change the subject, but I wish I had the confidence and courage to just say something more direct.

8. Like I said above, it's supposed to be pretty hot out today, but at the moment there's a fairly cool breeze coming in the window.  That means it's time to get off the computer and enjoy some fresh air before it disappears.

Food for Thought: "Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down." -Proverbs 26:20



No comments:

Post a Comment