Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Life Lessons

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking


I feel like things have been a little lacking around here lately.  Call it summer, call it lack of planning, call it avoidance, call it whatever you want.  I want to put more thought and effort into the posts for Mindful Monday and Thursday's Thoughts, but I find myself taking less time to reflect on life.  Or perhaps I'm still reflective, but not writing it out for everyone to read.  Hashing out my thoughts can be helpful, but I can also get stuck over-analyzing and dwelling on the what and why.  Sometimes it's better to keep it pure and simple, use less words and just focus on Truth like I did this past Monday. On the other hand I also need to be willing to share what I'm learning in life and not keep it to myself.  God is teaching me a lot right now, though sometimes it's too painful, too personal or just hard to put into words.

Part of this learning process involves a lot of trial and error.  I'm trying to jump into things I'm not comfortable with or good at because "practice makes perfect".  Results are sometimes frustrating, awkward or disappointing, but I'm learning none the less.  After all, learning from mistakes is often the most effective.

I want to thank those of you who interact with me for your patience and understanding. Thanks for encouraging me. Thanks for loving and accepting me just as I am yet helping me grow and learn. Thanks for not giving up on me.....when I'm indecisive and caught up in perfectionism, when I try new things that don't go smoothly, when I'm tired and frustrated with myself, when I'm inconsistent and hesitant, when I'm not fully present or I'm caught up in my own circumstances, when I make things way more difficult than they need to be, etc. I am truly blessed to have people like you in my life. THANK YOU for being part of my life.  I can't really express in words how grateful I am but hopefully that gives you a taste.

Food for Thought: "You have to get hurt. That's how you learn. The strongest people out there, the ones who laugh the hardest with a genuine smile, those are the people who have fought the toughest battles. Because they've decided that they're not going to let anything hold them down, no matter how badly it hurts them." -unknown (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment