Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: A Random List

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking


I don't really feel like writing paragraphs and my thoughts are pretty scattered today.  It's a list kind of day.  I like making lists and I like crossing things off even better.  This isn't a to-do list that needs crossing off, but a random collection of thoughts I don't know what to do with or feel like expanding on at the moment.  

1. I bought new shampoo the other day that's rosemary and mint scented, ahhhh! Yum! Now if I can just find that in a lotion, basil (or maybe even caraway?) would be nice too. Hmmm, what about gum in those flavors? Yeah, maybe not, never mind. Rosemary or basil chap stick?

2. I ran across this recipe for lilac jelly.  While I love the smell of lilacs and unique recipes I'm not sure I'd actually eat lilac jelly.

3. I just found a tick crawling on me and now I feel like they're everywhere, eeek.  Don't you hate that feeling!?

4. Sunburn is closer to the color of pink watermelon than cherry red.  I think I put aloe on three times already today.  It was so worth it to be in the sunshine though.

5. I love thunderstorms.  Last night was I fell asleep to thunder and right now there's a pretty good lightning show going on.

6. I can't think of a number 6 so I'm going to skip to number 7 just because.

7. I checked out 2 books from the library 3 weeks ago with every intention of reading them.  Besides moving them from the car to the counter I haven't touched them.  I hate when I do that.

8.  Speaking of books, I did make it through Mere Christianity by C.S Lewis about a month ago.  I tried to read it several times since high school and never got past the first chapter.  This time around I could hardly put it down.  It's not really and easy read but it's worth it.  Very thought provoking.

9. Something else to think about is how the media influences us. This video shows a small glimpse of the distortion we see countless times each day.  Not quite the message advertisers put across in these vintage ads is it?  Instead of letting other people tell us how to be beautiful wouldn't it be great if we just listened to what God says about true beauty?

10.  If that's how distorted appearance can be what other lies do we believe about how are lives do or don't measure up?  I guess that's why its so important to make sure we're using the right standard of measurement.

11.  At least I just made numbers 9 and 10 points on a list instead of writing so much.  I'll leave the thinking to you on those.

12.  How long is this list going to be?  I can't think of much more, but I did kind of skip number 6 so I guess I can add something else.

13. Okay, I'll stop at 13.  I've always liked 13. Probably just because people are superstitious about it.  Well, that and I was born on the 13th.  I was so disappointed when my golden birthday wasn't on a Friday.  Are Friday the 13th's really more rare than say Wednesday the 3rd's?  Yeah, I 'm just going to stop now.  Come back tomorrow for a recipe.  I'll try not to spill the salt, well at least not on-purpose.  

Food for thought: "One of the reasons we struggle with insecurity is because we're comparing our 'behind-the-scenes' with everyone else's 'highlight reel' " -Steven Furtick



No comments:

Post a Comment