Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just try it.

I've been talking about starting a blog forever.  But the perfectionist in me was freaking out and telling me if that I couldn't blog unless it was perfect. I mean, what if I start a blog and then fail?

Well, guess what? This blog isn't going to be perfect and if I decide I don't like blogging then I'll just stop. But at least I can say I tried it out.  Failing would be not trying at all.


First I had to decide what type of  blog I wanted to write.  Of course, my first instinct was a food blog.  But lately I've had so much on my mind that I just need to get out.  So this is going to be a mix of food and what I'm learning and thinking about right now.  Because, really, there is so much more to life than food.

Once I figured that piece out I couldn't decide on a title.  I made lists of all sorts of clever titles and subtitles.  Once again, trying to find the perfect description.  Then I realized I could spend forever looking for the perfect title and never get anywhere.  Besides, how many people are actually going to read this anyway? And, if I do decide to take the blog in another direction I can a) change the title or b) start another blog.  Eventually I settled on "Tried in Blue".  I always seem to be wearing something blue, and if I'm not my eyes are still blue.  Everything posted will have been tried in blue in some way or another.  That could mean I stirred up the recipe in my vintage blue pyrex, was wearing a blue apron, used a blue whisk, ate it off a blue plate, or maybe I just had a blue shirt on when I thought of the idea.  Anyway, that's how the title came to be.

Now that I've got a title and general idea for the blog, how about a few goals for where I want to go with this.  Because I just do better with goals.  I'm the kind of person who needs something to aim at.  So here are some of my goals and ideas for future posts.

1.  Mindful Monday: thoughts to start the week, aka: whatever's been on my mind lately
2. Tofu Tuesday: a quest for tasty tofu uses (yeah, not sure how long this will last)
3. Weird Recipe Wednesday: because some recipes are so weird I just HAVE to try them :)
4. Thursday's Thoughts: things to think about/ food for thought
5. Fermented Friday: a recipes using yeast, wine, beer or some other fermented ingredient
6. Photo Friday: snapshots of life when I don't feel like writing or doing a fermented friday post

In reality I will probably just post about what I want to when I want to, but hey its worth a shot.  I'd also like to end each post with a quote I've found helpful or have been pondering.  So, on that note, I'll leave the one or two of you still reading with this:

"To live a creative life we must loose our fear of being wrong." -Joseph Chilton Pearce

No comments:

Post a Comment